Wednesday, November 20, 2013

my balance and what works for me

Written by Kilene McFadden

I am grateful that I am able to lead a healthy life.  I have learned through trial and error what works for my healthy development and what has not.

I was diagnosed with depression and Obssesive Compulsive Disorder when I was thirteen years old.  My doctors put me on Zoloft and I took it without question until twenty-six years of age.  I know that it numbed my issues.  I also had what was always assumed to be Psoriasis, an uncomfortable dry, itchy and flaky skin disease.

When I was twenty-six, I was seeing a counselor, who suggested I see a Naturopathic physician.  I had never been to a natural doctor before and went without hesitation.  What a gigantic fundamental step to a healthy progression for me!!!  He did some blood work and found my thyroid was not functioning properly.  Before college I was a fairly petite girl and during college I put on some freshman weight, and more.  After finding out that I had hypothyroidism, it became very clear as to why I was having depressive symptoms and a challenging time losing weight.  I was frequently at the gym and watching my diet.   My wonderful doctor prescribed me Naturthyroid.  Within two weeks of taking it I lost ten pounds.

Last year I found out that I am allergic to wheat and dairy.  This change in my eating habits has blessed me so much!  I feel an increased vitality and my emotional state has truly changed for the better.  I continue to exercise to keep my mind and body rejuvenated and strong.  I deserve the balance and energy so I can take care of my two beautiful children.

What I have learned about nutrition and well being has come over many years of experimentation.  I work hard to eat clean, exercise daily, drink adequate amounts of water and get enough sleep.  I am not perfect and will always be a work in progress.  Just this year I have changed more physically and emotionally then I have before because I make an effort everyday and then make adjustments as I see fit.  This has made a difference in my confidence and my desire to be a happier and healthier me!

Namaste
Kilene


About Kilene:
Kilene was born 1979, in Texas.  The majority of her life she was raised in North Dakota.  She was privileged to live in Belgium for four years as a little girl.  She feels so blessed and happy to share some of the lessons she learned over the years.

She is married to an incredible man and together they have to gorgeous little blessings.  She is mostly a busy mom.  In her free time she does massage, works as a health coach for Beach Body and makes the most out of each day.


No comments:

Post a Comment