Tuesday, December 4, 2012

love thyself, as thy neighbor

Have you ever felt like one word could describe a day, week, month or year of your life?  I know if I had to choose one word to describe this past year it would be balance.

I'm a lover of individuals and soul connection.  I'm good at it and always have been.  I have random conversations with strangers in grocery lines, at bus stops, churches, bars and coffee shops and these strangers turn into friends.  If I have ever connected with you heart to heart, my spirit probably is inspired and loves your spirit.

I believe love is an essential quality of living a prosperous and happy life.  That love has been very off-balance for a long time.  I believed a lie that I don't deserve to live my life for me and put everyone else first.

When I was re-diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma, I knew it was a form of self-hatred and self-rejection. I was literally killing myself.  I struggled because I am a people pleaser, compared myself to everyone and beyond, looked outside myself for peace, joy and love I have craved.  I had forgotten the most important person, me.

I knew that it was a new time and season for me, an opportunity to make a different choice.  This journey was and still is about unconditional love for myself, claiming my worthiness, divinity and power within and living my life for me.

This past year has been extraordinarily beautiful because of the love I have been open to receiving from friends, family and for myself.  But most importantly, the love I receive from my Creator.  I know I am a child of God and a child of Light!

The gratitude I feel to God and the Universe for this experience, to bring me back to the balance of giving and receiving love.  I am able to love others more fully and openly.  I am confident in who I am.  I am confident in my ability to make a difference in this world.  I am confident that I can do hard things.
And so it is.

Namaste

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your insight. I too have had people who have approach me and tell say things from how is the food here to what are personal and intimate details of their life. Before training my hubby used to ask me if I have a sign on my head saying talk to me, I got in my head and wondered why people would reach out to me over anyone else. I know now because of fear I lost opportunity to be open to all possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo leen, I've always loved connecting with complete strangers, but since training I swear I have a passion for it.

      Delete